Thursday, June 28, 2012

AROLDIS CHAPMAN SHOWED UP HIS OPPONENT, NOT SORIANO

Much like the mustache of Sal Fasano for the brief time he was in pinstripes, the Rafael Soriano "untuck" is becoming insanely popular fast in the Bronx. Some Yankee fans would rather stick with the corporate image of Yankee Baseball, I get that. They'd rather win, get dressed in business suits and come back tomorrow. Some never even liked the walk-off pie. Me? I like both, I like the corporate Yankee stuff, but I also like to have fun when it comes to my team, although I do NOT believe in showing up the other team.
For instance, you know I'm no fan of watching guys like Barry Bonds launch one and stare at a home run from home plate for 20 seconds. That's show boating. That's showing up the other team. Rafael Soriano's "untuck" is clearly not showing up anyone and while I'm on that topic, let's talk about the disgusting spectacle that Aroldis Chapman pulled 2 nights ago with his double somersault after finishing the game, read HERE.
 It was embarrassing and yes, while I stated in my piece VALVERDE'S SPLITTER AND OTHER ANTICS over the weekend, while I have no problem with Valverde's dumb dance, or even Chapman's somersault, I DO have to say, if the sports writers out there are choosing which category each display falls into... "showing up" the other team, or not, the Chapman roll DEFINITELY is "showing up" the opponent. In fact, if I'm the Brewers and I ever get an opportunity to pitch to Chapman, I'm throwing one at his chin. That's baseball and that's payback. You cannot put Soriano's "untuck" into the same category as the Jose Valverde "clown jig" or the Chapman somersault. It doesn't rise. Trust me.
What made Soriano's untuck even better yesterday was it came after a tough day for the Yankees. Both CC Monster and Andy Pettitte are out now, read HERE and now the Yankees have to look elsewhere for pitching. That's another post for later. But back to my point, if we needed an untuck, yesterday we needed it. With the bases loaded, Soriano got out of the inning and the game with a big win and save and...untuck.

Hey, all I'm saying is "Hey haters, don't be so quick to throw Soriano into the "showing up" category, especially after Aroldis Chapman's spectacle. Seriously. Think again."

 ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017