Friday, May 18, 2012

WHY THIS YANKEE WIN WON'T ERASE THE PROBLEM

Well the Yankees won tonight and believe me, I'm not poo pooing it, I love wins for my New York Yankees, but there is still a big problem...the Yankees still have trouble scoring runs.  It's bizarre.  The Yankees had 1 run going into the 8th inning, then they finally scored 3 more runs in that 8th.  How'd they do it? Home runs...again.

What happened in the 6th inning when they had the bases loaded and no outs? Nothing. They didn't even scratch home a run, not on a sacrifice fly, not on a suicide squeeze, not on a single...nothing.  I can't stand that and I wanted to scream. The New York Yankees have fallen into the trap of long ball or no ball and while the home run is one of the most exciting parts of watching my Yankees play, there needs to be some time of re-adjustment.  Let's scratch some runs, let's hit doubles, singles, hell let's steal a base.  I mean, I know Brett Gardner is still on the DL but players have been stealing bases long before Gardner.  We can do it and we need to do it now.

It broke down like this tonight:

In the 4th inning Curtis Granderson scored on a Alex Rodriguez ground out.
In the 8th inning, Robinson Cano hit a solo shot and then a few batters later Raul Ibanez hit a 2 run homer.  At that point, it was 4 to 0.

Andy Pettitte looked terrific tonight. 8 innings of really great pitching. He allowed 4 hits, no runs and struck out 9 while walking just 1.
I'm telling you this, I believe in Andy Pettitte and I believe that this is the guy that will get the Yankees rolling again.  He, CC Sabathia and a healthy Ivan Nova is what we need right now.  I wrote WHY PETTITTE "THE LEADER" WILL TURN THINGS AROUND.  It started tonight.  The Yankees were able to stay in the game because of Andy and thank God, because once we were able to hold the Reds, we were able to put a few runs on the board.  Beautiful.

Final Score again: Yankees 4- Reds 0.

Let's get 2 in a row tomorrow...it's a must.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017