Sunday, May 6, 2012

WHY STEINBRENNER WOULD NEVER STAND FOR THIS

"Quitters never win, winners never quit." 
--George Steinbrenner in 2004 


I grew up in the House of Steinbrenner.  I take WINS as the Yankees doing their job and LOSSES hard.  I never get ahead of myself after a win, but always get angry after a loss.  What the Yankees are doing right now is not winning... so you can only imagine what's my mind right now.  

The Yankees have some problems.  We have some injury, but more importantly, the tools we have on the field to compensate just aren't stepping up.  Plus, starting pitching is definitely a problem.

Derek Jeter is our leader, but he's done everything he can do...he leads, he's playing harder than I've seen him play and it's natural for the rest of the team to follow suit.  They are not and you have to wonder... why?

We got hit in the gut early, Michael Pineda is out for the season, read HERE.  Sure, many wonder if he would have been what we needed, but I'm confident in this kid and I look foward to seeing him in 2013.  Mariano Rivera getting hurt was a crushing blow, read HERE. After all, this is Mo we're talking about...the most athletic guy out there and yet, even he was not invincible.  


CC Sabathia is our pitching leader, and he's done his job too.  He's 4-0, he's going deep into games and when he's on the mound, his team wins.  But you need our other starters to do the same and it's just not happening. 

I'm not going to sit here and second guess the Yankees choices this offseason, it's not fair for me to do because I'm a fan, I'm no Yankee employee, I don't see what they see, but I can tell you this... if George Steinbrenner were alive today, he would have ransacked his office by now asking Brian Cashman for answers.  The biggest question he would ask is "Why the hell are we not winning?"  Cashman wouldn't have an answer.

So, I say this right now, as a student from the House of Steinbrenner.  We need to suck it up with the tools we have, get out on the God Damn field and win a ball game.  and I don't just mean 1 game, I mean win 2 or 3 or 4 in a row... a winning streak, something the Yankees can get some confidence with and something big the Yankee fans can get behind.  We need a rally cry and we need it now!
I'm not used to losing and while I stuck with my Yankees during some pretty dark days, something new happened in the late 90's... we became champions again and I can guarantee, once fans get a taste of victory, they want it again and again...and again...anything less is a failure. We pay our hard earned money to see our guys win and we're owed that.

Bottom line, the Yankees need to suck it up, shoot for the stars and win, not only in August, but right now in May. It's the Yankee way, it's the Steinbrenner way and it's time...who's with me?

 ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017