Sunday, May 13, 2012

BASEBALL, MY SON & HIS MOMMY

My second oldest child is a sweet boy and wanted to do something special for his mother on Mother's Day. So we talked about things we could do to make my wife smile today.  He’s thoughtful... he makes me proud.  This year he chose to draw a picture in addition to getting her flowers like his older brother did. It's always a nice gesture, but son #2 lives for the dramatic. 

This is a drawing that he asked me to post on Bleeding Yankee Blue. He drew it. It's of him and my wife. They are on a baseball field.  Now I’ll tell you this, he doesn’t love baseball, he tolerates it, but the drawing is significant because it wasn’t about him, it’s about her.  My wife and I believe in having our kids try and not quit.  That’s part of what this drawing is about...him being on the field, doing his best.  But what's also important about it is he truly loves the fact that she's always there, rooting him on and believing in him. My wife is my children's biggest fan, they know it, they realize it and as you can tell by his drawing, they appreciate it.

The point is, on this Mother’s Day, you got to love this, the innocence of it, the importance of it. Yeah sure, he's my son and I did find it touching, It's special... I smile from ear to ear and hopefully his mom is touched. He makes me proud, What can I say... Good job pal!

Happy Mother's Day Babe.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017