Thursday, April 12, 2012

WHY I FEEL BETTER COMING OFF A YANKEE WIN

I may have mentioned this before but when the Yankees win the game, I sleep better and when I’m starting my next day and perhaps walking around New York City, my iPod knows to make me happy. Every song that pops up is connected in some way. You see, 9 times out of 10, I shuffle my music, but my music interests are so wide spread, you really never know what’s gonna pop up.

Last weekend for instance, I needed to run into the city and after Saturday night’s loss to Tampa Bay, and Sunday’s train ride was a nightmare. I took notes because you won’t believe it, or at least I couldn't believe it in my little world. I hopped on the train and the first song that came on was I Can’t Think Straight by the Beastie Boys. Now, I love the Beastie Boys but this was their punk stuff from very early on which I was never overly fond of. Couple it with a Yankees loss and me being tired and pissed and it didn’t work for me. That was followed by “While my Guitar Gently Weeps” by the Beatles.


Now that song is incredible, but it was like my ipod knew what had happened the night before. I wasn’t digging it at that moment. Then later, as I was walking in the city, "Billie Jean" by Chris Cornell came on. Now I love Michael Jackson’s Billie Jean, but Cornell’s cover is slow, sad and it just killed me softly. Put it this way, it was a bad day already.


Today I woke up to Bobby Darin’s “Beyond the Sea”, a classic happy song, followed by “Back in Black” by AC/DC, “Cochise” by AudioSlave,


“Moves like Jagger” by Maroon 5, “Check Yourself” by Ice Cube and “Rebel Yell” by Billy Idol. That’s a good day.

When the Yankees win, everything in my world is right. I’m not thinking about what the Yankees could have done better, I’m thinking about the next game and in this case, the home opener. When the Yankees lose, I’m blaming someone, my commute is held up by accidents and there’s a chance of rain. Plus, my iPod acts like a dickhead… You know what I mean?

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017