Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WHY BANUELOS IS ON THE SHELF

Manny Banuelos is on the disabled list in AAA. This story comes from George King III from the New York Post. Read HERE. The reasoning is because of a back issue….a latissimus muscle issue to be exact.

Look, Cashman says he’ll miss 1 start. Hopefully he’s right and Manny gets back on track. But you know what? Baneulos has not been too impressive this early on at all. He’s 0-1 with a 10.13 ERA in alittle over 5 innings. Yeah sure, it’s a small sample, but what ever happened to this guy being the Yankees next big thing? It's definitely something we need to think about. I remember back in the day the Yankees used to do the same type of raving and promoting for guys like Phil Hughes and Joba Chamberlain. I understand the reasoning, you show off what you got and the New York press jumps all over future stars. But what's happened? Poor Phil Hughes is having a terrible start to the season, not to mention a non-existent 2011 and Joba Chamberlain can’t shake the bad luck bug.

You know me, I love my New York Yankees but it appears that some times the guys they really “want” to succeed “don’t” pan out the way they visualize it. Yet, guys like Ian Kennedy or David Robertson or even a David Phelps fly under the radar and impress us so much. Maybe guys like Manny and Joba were over-hyped...although, that's a guess, who really knows, I just find a pattern here. Look, don’t get me wrong, I want what’s best for my Yankees, I want all these guys to get out there and kick some ass, but it’s ironic that the ones they actively promote have setbacks..sometimes minor, sometimes pretty major… doesn’t it appear that way?

Look, I wish Manny Banuelos well, I know he can turn his season around, I just hope there aren’t any other problems and we get to see him this year in the Bigs, I mean, I really can't wait to see this guy do damage!

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017