Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WHY ANDY PETTITTE IS ON HIS WAY

"I felt good with everything... Just another good step."
--Andy Pettitte

(Photo: Eddie Michaels/AP)
Andy Pettitte is looking good and is making his way back to the major leagues and the New York Yankees. The other night in Tampa Class-A ball, it was Andy who pitched 3 innings and allowed 1 run and 2 hits...he struck out 2. Read the Associated Press story HERE. It was Andy who felt good and it was Andy who is hungry for the next step.

I know it's only the first outing for our pitchers after 1 week of baseball, but if our starters only give us 4 innings, I'd welcome Andy with opened arms. I mean, I'd welcome him anyway, but it's just easier when you know starters are struggling. Like our own Jeana Bellezza suggested in WHY YANKEE ROTATION QUESTIONS WILL SURFACE AGAIN, the "good" problems of many starters competing in 1 rotation won't go away. You really need to be able to switch guys out who aren't performing and give others a shot...get into a pattern, or rhythm and move toward 1 goal, winning it all.

Of his outing Monday, Pettitte said "This was a short sample, a short outing, and feel like maybe I didn't get a chance to throw some of the pitches that I would have liked to throw because I'm getting some guys out in early counts... But all-in-all I feel real comfortable with everything."

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want Andy back now... but baby steps is the name of the game. I'm getting excited for Ol' Reliable again...I can't wait actually.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017