Saturday, April 14, 2012

"JORGE POSADA'S STANDING HAL & HANK'S BOX... GOODNESS GRACIOUS!"

I was talking to one of my buddy’s yesterday and he said to me, “What will you hear in July this season from one important Yankees announcer Suzyn Waldman?” I was puzzled, confused… I had no idea what he was getting at, but stupid me, I should have known something good was coming. “Jorge Posada is standing Hal and Hank’s box, and Jorge Posada is coming back to the New York Yankees! Oh my… Goodness Gracious!” I laughed out loud…he does a great Suzyn Waldman.

Let’s face it, yesterday was a terrific moment for Jorge Posada, he looked happy to be back at Yankee Stadium, the fans love him, the players love him and speculation was running wild all over the place after his pitch to his father that Jorge Posada, much like Andy Pettitte, was not finished. Me? Well, I believe that’s bunk.

Jorge Posada is happy to be home with his family. Does he miss the game? Sure he does, but after everything that was said and done at the end of last season and all the confusion and the waiting and wondering, Posada eventually sat down and told us he was done. So no... I cannot see this man coming back to the Yankees.

For one, it’s clear the Yankees have moved on, It’s clear because they did something really wonderful yesterday in the Bronx, letting him get out there one last time to throw out the first pitch, to, of all people, his own dad. That’s a story book ending, the end, there is nothing more to write about. Jorge Posada is retired, he’s complete and now, he will wait until he gets the call that he’s going to the Baseball Hall of Fame. That’s what you’re supposed to do as athletes. None of this Andy Pettitte "I'm back" stuff! And for the record, I love the man and I was shocked to see Andy back after he was retired in 2010, but I just can’t see Jorge coming back as well, it’s just silly speculation and I’m here to tamp it down.

Would I love to see Jorge strap on the gear one last time? Sure I would, but today defined his future. Jorge will go back home, be with his family and enjoy life as a Hall of Famer. It's his destiny. That’s Jorge’s new job and we should just let him walk off into the sunset a champion. That’s how I see it anyway.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017