Sunday, April 8, 2012

DAMN YANKEES!

I wish this was a Broadway play review. I wish I could sit here and rave about my Damn Yankees and how terrific their performances were, how the audience loved it and how I'd see it again... except I can't. The Yankees' performances sucked the past three days and being swept by Joe Maddon and the Tampa Bay Rays in St. Petersburg stings like hell. Sure, one could argue that it's only the first three games of the season, but like everything, you need to get out there and set the tone. All my Damn Yankees did was a whole lot of nothing, except start a losing streak of 3 in a row against a team that clearly plays like winners and will be a tough group of guys to beat in the AL East this season... that my friends is clear.Highlights? Not many from the New York Yankees. OK, the Rays' Jeremy Hellickson pitched great. That's my highlight. Disappointing right? The Yankees were shut out and Hellickson went 8 2/3, struck out 4 and walked 4. Phil Hughes was knocked out after just 4 2/3 innings. Not exactly stellar. Some bright news... David Phelps came in in the 8th inning and recorded a strikeout. Good for him.

The Yankees had 3 hits the whole game. Nick Swisher was in scoring position in the second inning after a double and things looked good...but then nothing.

Am I worried? No... I am disappointed however. We're sluggish, we're out matched, we look like amateurs and we clearly don't have a leader. We need one... someone to step up and take charge and turn this sinking ship around. The Yankees are supposed to be champions, but this is far from it. Now look, they can play tomorrow and go on a 10 game winning streak but let's face it, this stinks for morale, for the Yankees and for the fans, I don't care what anybody says.

The Yankees need wins and more importantly they need pitching that holds teams from scoring and they need to score their own runs.

Final Score today: Rays 3 - Yankees 0.

OK, enough of my rant... clean slate... let's go Yanks, we need something... start clicking guys. Come on.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017