Thursday, March 22, 2012

WHY THE YANKEES TIED THE SOX...I'M NOT KIDDING

It's the spring but this game was played like the World Series if you were Bobby Valentine. It was a desperation in the Red Sox dugout, treating a late, 9th inning rally like it it needed to be played until there was a winner... in SPRING TRAINING. Look, I hate to lose a card game to a guy wearing a Red Sox shirt so you know I hate to lose to the Sox every time we're playing them, but I felt like once the inning ended in the 9th, we were finished no matter what. Then you saw Bobby V practically begging the umpires to continue the game as the Yankees were boarding their bus to travel back to Tampa. It just wasn't in the cards tonight Bobby, and besides, if you won tonight, what would that have proved anyway? Nothing.

So yeah, a good game tonight against the Sox, the game ended in a tie, 4-4, read HERE.Adam Warren was the starter for the Yankees tonight and pitched 4 shutout innings...great for him! Here are a few highlights:

Brett Gardner hit a double in the 5th and then scored when Curtis Granderson tripled. Andruw Jones then singled and Granderson scored. In the 6th inning Ross Ohlendorf allowed 2 more runs.

The Sox then scored 3 off Cory Wade in the 9th. Then with George Kontos on the mound, a run was sacrificed home on a suicide squeeze before the final out of the game. Game tied and over... 4-4. Then Bobby Valentine was then on camera crying to the umpire. Again Bobby, if you won, what would it count as? A win in Spring Training against the Yanks? Ok, sure.

Oh and I almost forgot, Raul Ibanez sucks and is sucking the life out of me. Did I actually see a .056 AVG tonight? Why can't this guy get into a rhythm? I miss Posada.

I tell you what, I am ready for real baseball already... can we do this please? Soon?

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017