Thursday, March 15, 2012

WHY NICK SWISHER LOOKS READY TO PLAY

Okay, so before I get a few of you fans telling me to "calm down" or to "relax" because it's only Spring, let me preface this piece by agreeing with the obvious: Yes, it's only Spring training, so it would be silly for me to go on and on about Nick Swisher's performance so far this spring and how it could mean he will have a big 2012, etc. However...can we all agree that Swisher does look good so far this Spring and seems to be in very good shape? So far, in 18 AB's Swish is second on the team with 5 hits and 4 of those hits are extra base hits. Plus he has played a very good outfield and has surprised some with his improved defense at first base.

Nick Swisher has truly become a member of the Yankee family. I think most fans have embraced Swish for his positive attitude and determination on the field as well as off. Sure, we all have watched him, so far, not get it done in the post season but he isn't the only guy on this team who's not showed up come October. I think Swish knows how important 2012 is for him. He loves the fans and you know it kills him when he does not perform at a high level or get it done in those big moments.From what I've seen so far this Spring (I know, its just spring training) I like what I see out of Swish. I think he knows he is running out of time. As much as the Yankee fans and the organization love him they certainly won't sit by and accept another lackluster post season. The question really remains, will Nick Swisher bring his game to a different level in 2012? Only Swish can answer that question but as a huge fans of his, I certainly hope he does.


--Mikey Blue, BYB Senior Writer
Email: DonnieBaseball2323@gmail.com
Twitter: @MikeyBlu23


Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017