Monday, March 5, 2012

IMAGES OF YANKEELAND IN TAMPA: PART 6

I love Spring Training and watching our Boys of Summer working out the kinks and getting ready to kick some ass. Here is yet another great batch of photos of the Yankees this spring in Florida. Enjoy this...again!Raul Ibanez is right here and this is just a great shot. The more I realize Ibanez is with us, the happier I am. Watching the Yankees play the Phillies Saturday, I had to laugh then he came up to the plate in Clearwater and was booed. This is a guy that gave quite a bit to the Phillies... and now, the fans are booing him... I have a hard time understanding that.
CC Monster stretching it out. This pitcher is funny to me and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's CC's body type and the way he's stretching, I'm not sure, but I snickered when I saw it. Predicting now...CC gets 21 wins this year. Crossing my fingers.

Here's Nick Swisher enjoying a moment of Spring Training. To be honest, I'm not sure I've seen this guy NOT smile. Who doesn't love this guy? I pray Nick has a monster year, and a bigger post season... he deserves it.

Michael Pineda is looking good here and he appears to be having some fun. CC Sabathia was quoted last week as saying Pineda was "electric." I hope he's right and I hope Pineda has a bigger year than he did last year with Seattle. I suspect with the Yankees run support, he will.
Francisco Cervelli is having a moment where he's realizing that he is going to be the backup catcher again. Good for him. I was positive Cervelli was going to be one of the guys traded this winter. At the end of the day, I like Cervelli and love his passion to play the game.

Cory Wade is back with the Yankees and here he is throwing a few. Gotta love it. I would have liked to see Luis Ayala back too but he chose to sign with the last place Baltimore Orioles. That's fine, Wade can do the job and blends in nicely with our pen. Welcome back Cory.
Here's CC and Phil Hughes after a throwing session. CC looks like he's trying to read his stats on the scoreboard. Phil looks aggravated. No worries, both guys will be ready to go. Let's just hope Hughes' velocity is back. I haven't heard much about it and that concerns me, but hopefully he's impressed the Yanks spring and is on the road back!

You like these pictures? There will be more. Enjoy it and share them with your friends. There's something about Spring training pics that just gets me really psyched for Opening Day.

IMAGES OF YANKEELAND IN TAMPA: PART 1, PART 2, PART 3, PART 4 & PART 5. You’ll have the time of your life.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017