Tuesday, February 28, 2012

WHY WE CAN EXPECT BIG THINGS FROM JOBA

Chad Jennings of LoHud had this story about Joba the Hutt throwing off full mound today...nice! Read the story HERE, and the quotes are below.“Sixteen pitches, you don’t think that’s much... But when you haven’t been on a mound since June, your legs get a little tired just from warming up, throwing my long-toss, then my flat ground, before I got on the mound. My legs are a little tired, which is a good feeling. Towards about 10, I could start to feel it. And that’s when you rely on your mechanics and trust your motion. I think I did a pretty good job of that. That’s a part of continuing to build up off the full mound, is getting to 25-30 pitches and getting legs under you.”

Here's more for Joba:

“It looks like it’s a long ways away I can tell you that much. But it’s a great feeling. It’s great to just be able to get up there and trust my arm, and trust the work I’ve put in to this point. Just to let it go, it’s free and easy. And there’s really minimal effort to get it over there. It was just nice to be able to get on there and get this new chapter started and start the process from here and move on.”Let's call this what it is, a very good thing. I have always had this feeling that the Yankees "tinkered" with Joba Chamberlain and Phil Hughes all wrong but in the back of my mind I felt like, "What the hell do I know? I'm just a fan." But maybe my instincts were right about it. I guess we'll never know, but it's just really good to see that Joba is working his way back. It's damn exciting. I'm looking forward to him contributing in the pen this season. Hell, maybe his recovery will even be alittle ahead of schedule, wouldn't that be nice?

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017