Saturday, February 11, 2012

WHY JOBA'S GETTING BETTER EVERY DAY

Joba Chamberlain is making progress in his recovery from Tommy John surgery which only makes me more and more happy because I know that means he'll be in that already stellar bullpen contributing again soon. You have to love that.

According to Sports Illustrated, this is what's going down... read HERE:

"...the right-hander made 15 throws off a half-mound today at the team’s minor league complex in Tampa, according to MLB.com.

In his second throwing session since last year’s surgery, Chamberlain told the Associated Press he was “happy with the progress and feeling good” after throwing off the five-inch mound. Chamberlain is unlikely to return to the Yankees by Opening Day but conservatively expected to be back before the All-Star break."

This is good news. Just about 8 days ago I wrote JOBA THREW FROM HALF-MOUND... because I was relieved that Joba was working toward recovery so quickly. This appears to be his second outing, nice. I really can't wait for this big lug to get back in the pen. This is exciting news Ladies and Gentleman...damn, how many days until Spring Training? I can't wait.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017