Sunday, February 12, 2012

WHY IT'S A MOMENT IN AMERICA I'LL NEVER FORGET

I just wanted to take a moment and remember Whitney Houston who died yesterday. I'm not going to get into some type of discussion about her death and I'm not going to speculate about any of that. Death is a horrible thing no matter who it is, you honor the dead. That's what you do as a human being. We do it for our soliders who sacrifice so we can be free, we do it for our relatives who may have been taken from us too early and we do it for people we don't even know. It's a life thing.

In 1991 I was still in college, but I remember Super Bowl XXV and I remember the Giants beating the Bills, but for some reason I barely remember that game. One thing I do remember more than anything was Whitney Houston singing The Star-Spangled Banner and I remember I couldn't believe how incredible it was.



They made a single out of that rendition and the money Houston made she gave to the Red Cross, read HERE. But back to her rendition. People forget that our soliders were fighting in the Persian Gulf at that time and it was a tense moment, but Whitney came out and did something important... she brought us together like family for that 2 minutes. It's a moment I'll never forget.

Goodbye Whitney. Rest in Peace.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017