Thursday, February 16, 2012

WHY EVEN JETER RIDES THE LIN-TRAIN

I’m not going to sit here and come up with fancy ways to work in Jeremy Lin’s name. I’m tired of it. I’m not tired of Jeremy Lin however and the excitement he’s brought to New York. Look, truth be told, ultimately I’m a baseball fan, a Yankee fan, but I follow all the New York teams… including the Mets because I’m a New Yorker. You can’t technically call me a New York Knicks fan because I don’t go to games and I don’t seek them out of television. Until I started too the past several days and it's been downright amazing. I mean, 2 nights ago with only seconds left Jeremy Lin brought Toronto to their feet and me in my living room to win big with a 3 pointer with seconds left.



I have to say, New York sports is mad exciting and that’s one thing you can say about us New York fans, we’re electric. We're on a New York Giants high, we love our New York Yankees, and almost all of us believe the Lin-train is a truly fun ride… and apparently so does Derek Jeter.

On Lin, Jeter told the New York Daily News THIS:

“It’s always fun any time there’s a new guy, especially in New York, they tend to get pretty excited about it.”

He’s right and it goes way beyond Lin. It goes back to my piece from late last week titled WHY SEIZING THE MOMENT MAKES YOU NEW YORK'S DARLING. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it magical. New kids in New York bring an excitement like no other. Lin… Kevin Maas from back in the day, and hey, what about Derek Jeter too? No one was more excited about Jeter than I was and this is the same type of hype for me now. The big moments, the new kid and all of New York behind them. You have to love this. So yes, while I’m not a basketball fan, I’m a New York fan and this is damn exciting. Ride it Lin, ride the wave until you can’t anymore, we’re all loving this…even Derek Jeter.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017