Friday, February 17, 2012

WHERE'S ALEX?

I know, it’s not even pitchers and catchers yet... so why am I being so hard on Alex Rodriguez wondering why he's not in Tampa, right? Well, let’s be honest, I expected him at Yankee camp already. After all, he has something to prove this season and it has everything to do with him being back at full health this winter and needing to get the fan base back in love with him, at least in HIS mind. He, more than anyone knows that. So where the hell is he? Well ,the picture above is he and Torrie in New York City... on February 16th. Found him. Why would he come north? So odd, but I guess that's what you do if you have a few bucks to burn.

Look, Torrie Wilson’s really something else right? Can we all agree? Alex seems very happy right now, but baseball needs to be on his mind. I know he’s probably working out and getting prepped, but I’d like to see him get out to the Yankees complex early and getting prepped. I would have pictured him surrounded by the media right now and he, all proud of himself, saying something profound, like, “I am looking forward to another Yankee Championship.” But instead he was spotted sunbathing in South Beach with his squeeze and then in New York City, 1 day before when Pitchers and Catchers report. Sometimes he's photographed biking and one thing he's been doing a lot lately is smiling. But now we need more from Alex, we need the game face now…. It’s almost baseball time.

I personally look forward to Alex mashing the ball this season. He needs to get back to good ol’ Alex, not ARod... Alex. I wrote about that in THE TALE OF 2 ARODS. It’s important that he be himself, not his super hero, arrogant, alter ego ARod, because that doesn’t help anyone. Thank God Alex grew up, and now we need him to lead us again, like he did in the 2009 playoffs. Look, if Torrie Wilson is helping him prep for that mentally, physically, then god bless him, go for it, but the bottom line, we need Alex and to be honest, as a die hard fan, I’d love to see him in George Steinbrenner field now! You want to know why? Because our Captain’s there, Michael Pineda’s there and someone who’s struggled in 2011 should be there too… this means you Alex.

Get out of bed, get into your Porsche and come on down… it’s almost time my brother.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017