Saturday, January 7, 2012

WHERE WILL CESPEDES END UP?

There ain't no joy in Mudville I suppose… or Yankeeland, if you’re a die hard like me. Let’s face it, Cepsedes is not coming to the Bronx. I’d be shocked actually if it happened. The only possible scenario that I can see is if the Yankees signed Yoennis Cespedes and traded Nick Swisher for pitching. One of my buddy’s said to me today “The Yankees need to be more athletic in the outfield”… he was clearly talking about Nick Swisher. He said “They need to sign a young outfielder with bigger abilities than our right fielder and then flip Swisher to get an arm. I mean, I love Nick’s energy, but it’s time. Otherwise, we wait until next winter.”

It was the genius statement of today. He was kind of right about everything he said. Yes, Nick Swisher isn’t athletic enough, and Nick Swisher has incredible energy, but, I’m not so sure we’re unloading Nick Swisher, are you? We probably should if we want pitching and want Cespedes, but we won’t.

So where will Cespedes go? There are many guesses and many sources saying many things. Joe Friscaro of MLB.com believes that the Miami Marlins are the team to snag up Cespedes. Read about it HERE. As far as what Cespedes is looking for, Joe writes "A couple of months ago, it was believed Cespedes was seeking an eight-year deal worth more than $60 million. Several teams have backed away from that number, and a source said Cespedes’ cost appears to be coming down."

The Boston Herald, read HERE, is reporting that the Pittsburgh Pirates are looking closely at Cespedes. That would be interesting.

According to the Detroit News, who was one of the first to have this report, the Detroit Tigers may be the team to emerge as the team to after Yoennis. Read HERE. Also, MLive.com's James Schmehl believes the reason why the Tigers are doing nothing this winter is because they are waiting for Cespedes to become a free agent and then pounce. Read Schmehl HERE.

And then there are others that say that the Chicago Cubs, the Boston Red Sox, the New York Yankees and Chicago White Sox all have their eye on Cespedes.

Again, one things for sure, it is almost certain, and believe me, I could be wrong... the Yankees will not pursue Cespedes. It's a gut feeling, especially after all this "patience" and luxury tax stuff. It's the new Yankee plan and Cespedes isn't in it.

It's crazy to think that the Yankees may not be going after this guy, but get used to it. Look, I hope I'm wrong...I do, but it's been so quiet this winter, I expect nothing, and it's a crying shame.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017