Friday, December 30, 2011

WHY THIS IS MY FEEL GOOD STORY OF 2011

This has nothing to do with the New York Yankees. If you have a heart and you understand loss and family and life, well, it has to do with that. Since I've had children, I find myself getting quite emotional over something sweet my children say or do, whether it's a card they make me for Father's Day or a play they make on the field. It's almost as if to say, "They are learning to be respectful young men, they're my kids, and dammit I'm crazy about them and what they're accomplishing in life."

The point being, I cried like a little girl just a moment ago and I needed to share this story with you. 2011 for me has been a roller coaster. Sure, the Yankees didn't win it all, but it's much much bigger than that. In life, I had plenty going on in 2011 and some things didn't go my way. You cut through the B.S. as a family unit though and you get excited to turn the calender to 2012.

Enter this amazing story. In this report, which is a must watch... Steve Hartman from CBS did an amazing job reporting on a little girl named Bethany Arnold whose father has been in Iraq and she only gets to see him 2 weeks in 2 years. Read HERE. Watch below:



Again, this isn't a Yankee thing, it's a life thing and if you don't cry, you don't have a heart.

Happy New Year.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017