Friday, December 30, 2011

WHY ANDRUW JONES IS BACK IN THE BRONX

I'll tell you why Andruw Jones is back... because he did exactly what he was supposed to do for the Yankees last season, deliver when needed and hopefully he'll continue to do it again. Jon Heyman writes about the deal HERE.

The deal for Jones is simple, it's a 1 year deal worth $2 million, plus there are incentives worth $1.4 million. Of course, Jones will need to pass a physical, unless he was playing a pickup basketball came with Aaron Boone, I think we should be OK.

I am very happy with this signing. Jones still has power and I am glad this got done. It's relatively cheap, plus we have our 4th outfielder back. While his average was low with a .247 in 77 games and he could have jacked out a few more homers than just the 13 he did (he had 190 AB's), but for the most part, he handled his role well.

Bottom line, this is a smart move for the Yanks and they can depend on Jones to get them runs and hit lefties. I'm smiling right now... you can't see it, but picture it...I look cute.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017