Friday, September 16, 2011

WHY THE YANKEES NEED TO BUST A MOVE

The Yankees are 4.5 games ahead of the Red Sox in the AL East and now’s the time where they need to bust a move.I’m not going to lie, the title of this post is very lame, but Young MC popped up on the ipod and moments before I was looking at a blank slate and thinking about Yankeeland and what is important to you guys. It clicked and it makes sense. It's kind of what needs to happen for the Yankees. If the Yankees bust a move, and make a strong run NOW, we could bury the Sox. Of course, we'll need the help of the Rays, who won the first game of their series in Fenway Park last night 9-2 (Box score HERE) and hopefully they continue to pound on the Sox the next 3 days. Bottom line, the Yankees need to make the playoffs, it's the next stage in our Quest for 28 and it would be much much sweeter without the Red Sox there.

Trust me, with the Yankees off last night, and all New York Yankee fans were watching somewhere or listening to their radios or internet surfing for a score update between the Rays and Sox. I know I did. We were rooting for the Rays, as crazy as that sounds, to beat the evil Red Sox. David Ortiz said it himself a few days ago, “Hell yeah, you’ve got to panic.” That echoed through Beantown for the past few days and all of Boston just shit the bed. “He said what?” Can you imagine if a New York Yankee said they were panicking...IN SEPTEMBER? The NY media would not only bury them, but the fans would disown him. David Ortiz doesn’t sound like a winner, David Ortiz sounds like a whiner.

The Yankees will open a division series against Toronto tonight and like I’ve stated, every division rivalry game is a must win. It doesn’t matter that the Blue Jays are in 4th, the Yanks need to take care of business and treat this like it’s a playoff series. One game at a time, but you play your hardest at that moment.

Yankees pitching is always the top focus and again, I hate to beat a dead horse, because I feel bad for the horse, but the Yankees pitching is not solid. Yes, good outings happen, but as we saw from Ivan Nova in Seattle, it was wasted on a tough and ridiculous loss because the Yankees had no offense. CC Monster is no doubt a monster, but how long can he carry the rotation. Freddy Garcia is a gritty veteran, but we are now seeing signs of fatigue. AJ Burnett? Bartolo Colon?, Phil Hughes? My buddy even suggested giving Cory Wade a shot. Now, he wasn’t entirely serious, he was making a point and the point is this: It's September 15th... we have many question marks, who will be in the playoff rotation is anyone’s guess. You want these problems in April, not September.

Yes, the Yankees can win games, we have a strong offense, but pitching wins ballgames. I’m here to tell you that whatever the Yankees are doing is working, but I fear for the playoffs with the rotation we have. Can we beat teams in a short elimination series? I can say “Yes” and sound confident because I’m a Yankee fanatic and I bleed Yankee blue but the reality is, I just don’t know. Everything has to click, decent pitching, solid and clutch hitting, and a little bit of luck.

If it clicks, we win, and if it doesn’t click, well, we go home. That’s the reality... a reality I don’t like.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017