Monday, September 5, 2011

WHY THE FASCINATION WITH STERLING & WALDMAN? COMEDY

I am jealous that I didn't think to do this because I get such a kick out of John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman. Here are some quotes from both of them brought to you by Thebaseblawg from the month of August. Be sure to check it out. Pretty funny stuff.
“You know, Suzyn, I don’t see much difference between home and away in baseball. But thanks for telling me it’s August.” Sterling, 8/1 @ White Sox

“Here’s Robbie Cano hitting .299. That’s as close as you can get to .300 without hitting .300.” – Sterling, 8/4 @ White Sox

“The 1 and 2 is up and in so the count is 2 and 1.” Sterling, 8/6 @ Red Sox
“Have you noticed that when Gardner dives back into first he replaces the dirt? Does a little… gardening?” Waldman, 8/7 @ Red Sox

“That’s why he’s the executive producer: he is texty and sexy.”
Sterling, referring to their executive producer who had just given them some information, 8/24 v. A’s

“Gardner has been successful on 23 of his last 24 steals. I think that stat is right. If I’m wrong I’m only wrong by one, let’s say.” Sterling, 8/24 v. A’s

Suzyn: “I don’t think this game will ever end.”
John: “No, I can’t see how it will.”
8/25 v. A’s as the game neared its 6th hour of play

“And Curtis Granderson hits a home run! That’s another grand slam! Or in this case, a Grander-slam!”
Sterling, 8/25 v. A’s

“I know there are a lot of people in the New York area who still don’t have power and are used to watching on television. Well this is radio – welcome to us.”
Waldman, 8/29 @ Orioles

“Nick Swisher runs out to the bleachers with his arms open like he’s going to invite everyone to his house for cupcakes.” Waldman, 8/29 @ Orioles

John: “That gives the Yankees a 5-4 lead!”
Suzyn: “And the biggest moth just flew up here…”
8/31 @ Red Sox

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in


1 comment:

  1. I can actually follow games on the radio and enjoy the S & W team. Growing up without cable in the Bronx and limited games on free TV, I learned quickly...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017