Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WHY BYB YANKEE NEWS IS GOOD FOR YOU

A few notes about some of the Yankees that are such brief updates, I wanted to just let you know about them and didn’t want to waste your time with an entire post. I added alittle of my opinion as well... so sue me. Check it out:

Joba Chamberlain: Joba sent about a tweet earlier today to let all of Yankeeland know that he started catch today. It is important for 1 important reason, Joba Chamberlain is on schedule. That’s good, especially after Tommy John Surgery, it takes several weeks to get back on track. Joba's up to his 14th week. I know, everyone’s forgotten about good ol’ Joba. With the bullpen we have right now, who needs him, right? I like the kid and I'm looking forward to him returning. No doubt if Joba Chamberlain was healthy he’d be contributing in that amazing pen too. It just so happens he got hurt... that’s life and that’s baseball. By the way, speaking of our awesome pen, be sure to read WHY THE YANKEES PEN IS THE BEST IN BASEBALL.

Francisco Cervelli: Cervelli has been battling concussion symptoms for a few weeks now and it was revealed today by Joe Girardi that Cervelli will not be on the postseason roster. Read HERE. This is Cervelli’s 3rd concussion. Well, look, my only point is, do we really need Cervelli anyway at this point? We have Russell Martin as our primary catcher and kids like Austin Romine and Jesus Montero anyway. Plus, Jorge Posada is on the bench and I’m sure ready to pounce if needed. The other underlying question are of those three guys, which of them will make the postseason roster to back up Martin. With Cervelli now on the shelf and normally the backup catcher, the Yankees will clearly need to bring 1 backup and 1 bench guy, I would guess. I suspect if the Yankees had to choose, they would pick Jorge Posada for bench help as well as for veteran experience. I suspect they’d bring Jesus Montero because of his power bat as well as his back up catching abilities. Who knows, maybe they can bring Romine too. I'd love to see Romine and Montero both on the postseason rosters.

Phil Hughes: Phil was supposed to pitch today but due to back spasms, they scratched him at the last minute for Hector Noesi. What a year for Hughes, he’s had plenty of problems this year. It seems the back spasms have been bothering him for about a week and started when the team was in Toronto. This is the first time in Hughes career that he’s experienced back issues. Read HERE.

When more Yankees notes come about, I’ll be sure to bring them to you here at Bleeding Yankee Blue. Promise.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017