Wednesday, June 8, 2011

WHY IT’S PAYBACK TIME

The Yankee way has always been about coming back strong with a win after getting plunked with a pitch by the evil Red Sox. It has never been about physical retaliation, but I think things need to change.
(Photo: Getty)
After Tex was taken out after bring plunked on the knee (he’s day to day) and then Russell Martin got hit, I started getting pissed. Then, David Ortiz flips his bat and that put me over the top. “Who the hell does he think he is?” To me, with my anger as nasty as it was at that moment, I would have went high and tight on the next batter, first pitch and risked getting the warning or being tossed. To me, it would have been worth it. Why? Because enough’s enough.

The Yankees, while we have class and never retaliate unless we absolutely have to, it sometimes seems as though we’re being walked all over. Plus, you couple that with being in our house and it just get’s downright embarrassing. I know the players don’t see it that way, but I do and I know a ton of fans do too. Tonight, we need to send a message. We need pay back and we need it for 2 reasons; To jump start our Yankees and to pump up the fans. We need to look the evil Red Sox in the eyes and say, “This rivalry is about to get more vicious than you can ever imagine, because we’re the New York Yankees and we will wipe the floor with you.” I will tell you right now, I don’t like teams coming into our house trying to set the tone, especially the Red Sox. We set the tone. We set it because we’re the God damn New York Yankees, that’s why.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017