Friday, June 3, 2011

WHY CAN'T YOU LEAVE ALEX ALONE?

"A couple of years ago I learned a very very big lesson. And for me, my responsibilities have never been more clear, I'm very crystal clear in my responsibilities — both to this team and personally. I love my family — all my family — very much." --Alex Rodriguez


Alex Rodriguez is a true New York Yankee and that's because he won a ring. To me, he used to be A-Rod, but that changed for me. A-Rod is a name of some fictional figure that spoke like a fool to the press, and tried too hard to be liked. In the process, he became hated and was never clutch and never won a championship. Then he DID win a championship, and was super clutch doing it, he relaxed and became Alex. That's how I see it anyway.

And the New York Sports Media did too and they did for a while after our 2009 championship. Alex was suddenly the golden boy and your headlines reflected that. I noticed you giving credit to Alex for maturing and being super clutch in the 2009 playoffs and it seemed you were worshipping him like us fans were.This of course came after he was under the microscope because of the controversy surrounding his cousin in February 2009 when he admitted that his cousin injected him with "boli" an over the counter item from the Dominican Republic. When that happened, you killed the guy...absolutely murdered him. It's ridiculous how fast you turn on my New York Yankees. But back to my point, since we won, Alex has been Alex. Now, Alex is finally in a rhythm at the plate and now, suddenly, there are reports that Alex's cousin, Yuri Sucart, the one who was banned from hanging with the team after the scandal, was suddenly "caught" hanging with the team again. So what happens next? Some clever media person decided that connecting his good hitting with his cousin clearly means Alex is using PEDs. Um...no it doesn't, not even close. Couple this "scandal" with the gossip of Cameron Diaz and Alex breaking up
(HERE) and suddenly it's a God damn piling on contest.

Why? Why do you do this to this poor guy? Alex Rodriguez cannot get a break. All of his past arrogance, his "foot in mouth" and immaturity is gone, but that's not good enough is it? You have to go trying to connect dots between his great hitting and his PEDs pushing cousin. Why are you trying to imply this?

Look, I'm not going to lie, the best part of 2009 for me was when Selena Roberts book bombed about Alex and the PEDs. No one read it, it was a flop. Luckily, Alex moved on... so did we and life was good.But back to my point, the media is constantly blasting Alex all day long. Why do you do it? Hasn't he proved he can be a champion? Is that not good enough?

Here's an idea, ESPN, or Sports Illustrated. All you guys are mentioning Alex and his sudden "Fountain of Youth", right? How about Red Sox Golden boy David Ortiz? Last time I checked he was hitting really well, like he had a sudden "Fountain of Youth" too. Why is no one asking questions about David Ortiz? Oh, I get it, he doesn't have a cousin walking around who peddles PEDs. Well, Guess what? You don't need a cousin to take PEDs, so why don't you try accusing someone other than Alex once in your life. Better yet, why don't you lay off my Yankees. We are a tough ball club with a will to win. Don't be haters. But no, that's not what you do. You need to slam the New York Yankees so you can sell your papers... I forgot.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic article... I loved it.. It was so true... I just loved loved it... Hooah!!! On Point!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017