Sunday, May 29, 2011

WHY HE'S ON MY RADAR

Here's a little nugget that will tick you off as much as it did me. It involves Joe Girardi. Big surprise.

"Manager Joe Girardi had yet to speak to Eduardo Nunez, but promised he'd chat with that rookie about being picked off as the tying run at second base to end Friday's eighth inning. "You just can't get picked off in that situation," Girardi said."
This was in today's Bergen Record. It literally was a small blurb called Talking Points in the sports section. I read it and looked at my watch and realized it was Sunday. The running mistake happened Friday night. You're going to tell me as a manager of one of the top teams in all of sports, you hadn't gotten around to "chatting" about the error? Are you serious? Look, I'm not saying you shame Nunez, I'm saying you let him know he blew it and make it clear it cannot happen again. Scare the crap out of the kid... do something. That annoyed me and I had to get that off my chest.

By the way, if you don't know what I'm referring to, I wrote about it early Saturday morning in WHY THE RED SOX ARE IN FIRST. In a nutshell, late Friday night Nunez came in to pinch run for Posada. He stole second and was the tying run on second base in the eighth inning when suddenly, he was picked off.

Bottom line, I'm starting to get aggravated. I really am.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

1 comment:

  1. Girardi is still a "manager in training." I'm sick of it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017