Sunday, May 15, 2011

WHY APOLOGIZING CHANGES EVERYTHING

"If I thought he did something wrong, I'd be the first to tell him."
--Derek Jeter

(photo: Daily News)
Say what you will about Derek Jeter, but he's one of the closest friends to Jorge Posada and a true team leader, plus, he stands by his pal and to me, that speaks volumes.

Say what you will about Jorge Posada. I say he's a champion and someone that made a mistake. Guess what, he thought he made a mistake too. Moments ago, Jorge was a man. He told his manager he had a bad day Saturday. He apologized to Girardi. Good for him.

The problem with yesterday's actions, in my opinion was that it wasn't the Yankee way. All these years you see how high level Yankee veterans deal with the press. Even people like Nick Swisher are great with them and they know what to say and what NOT to say. Posada messed up. Posada is a man, and Posada apologized for his frustrating soundbites and now we move on in Yankeeland. Hopefully the press will too.
Tonight, the Yankees play without Jorge in the lineup for the second day. Now, whether or not he has a cranky back is not for me to say. What I CAN say is even if he didn't have a sore back, the Yankees will play it off like he did just to get this incident behind them. I have no problem with that.

What I do have a problem with is not winning and tonight, behind Freddy Garcia, the New York Yankees have to dig deep, and win. Nothing else but hitting, scoring, pitching and winning should be on their minds.

A 4 game skid is poison. Let's turn it around tonight. Go Yanks!

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017