Thursday, April 21, 2011

WHY I SPOKE TOO SOON

I got way too excited about the making of history with the comeback tour of Mark Prior. Sorry, I overplayed my hand. Clearly I love this guy or I wouldn't be writing about him so often. The problem happened 1 day after I wrote WHY IT'S PRIOR AND MILLWOOD AGAINST THE WORLD. Within the 12 hours after I pressed the publish button, I read that Prior will hit the 7 day disabled list shortly after his arrival at Scranton Wilkes-Barre. To me, I cringed because this is a guy that has had a million injuries and all he needs is 1 crick or bad twist and he lands on the DL. Well, it happened and we'll have to wait a bit longer for Priors call up, if ever.

Prior's injury appears to be a strained groin muscle and the injury does not appear to be serious, but I'm sure for him, and selfishly me, it's a bummer. It happened in his first relief appearance in AAA. Hopefully it will clear up soon. I just him back on the mound.

So far this year, Mark Prior has made 4 minor league appearances. Spring training had a lot of people taking notice of Prior and when the Yanks were pretty settled with their team, Prior expressed his excitement of just being wanted by ANY team. He was immediately moved to the minors, where, he was happy to start his road to the majors. All good right? So far, he has a 4.50 ERA in 4 innings and 2 K's.

We all hope to see a healthy and reliable Mark Prior soon. It IS possible you know, but the odds are great considering his injury history. Stay tuned freaks.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017