Sunday, April 24, 2011

WHY BEATING BALTIMORE IS SWEET

The Yankees beat the Orioles in both of the games they played them in and that just means that we stick it to Showalter pretty good right now. Let's hope he's at home starring in the mirror thinking, "My God, all I did was make Jeter and the Yankees mad. DAMN IT!"(photo: Getty)
Jeter, the Captain was 4 for 6 today. Remember when he was finished? Remember when every newspaper "sports" guy had him on his last leg? "Too old" and the slumping is "just the beginning of the end." Damn, I hate that. Hey look, this is Derek Jeter... you let him work and he'll work. Get off his ass, he's adjusting and hitting and everything's going to be ok in Yankeeland. Go Jeet go!(photo: Getty)
What can you say about Freddy Garcia, huh? The Chief looked dominant again. 6 innings, and gave up only 2 hits when he came out of the ballgame. It was clear to me with our bullpen coming in that he was about to get his 2nd win. It didn't work out that way today though. Freddy got a No Decision which is kind of a waste and sucks, but it's baseball. Look, we can rank on the Orioles all day long, but they really are a decent hitting ball club. So, they got to Joba and they got to Mariano and you have to move on. (photo: AP)
But, and don't crucify me for saying this, because Mo is probably one of my favorite players of all time, did you notice Mo wasn't hitting his spots today. He just didn't look comfortable to me. I can't put my finger on it. After he let up that walk, I knew it was an extra inning game. It's a gut thing. Something is off. Look, tomorrow Mo could come out and just mow them down 1,2,3 and everything will be fine. But I can't help but wonder if something is bothering Mariano. Who knows, maybe it's me being overprotective. Am I the only one who feels this way? Look, Andrew Marchand put this piece out HERE and brings up a good point. He says that Mo has blown more saves in April in his career than you may think. Interesting. But you have to think that maybe Mo is overworked. I brought up that point in WHY WE CAN'T TIRE THE THREE HEADED MONSTER. Let me know what you think.

The best part of the game to me besides Garcia today was Robinson Cano. After the game resumed, Cano smacked a double to left and stole third. It was heads up. Russell Martin knocked him in to put us ahead of the O's and then from there, Jeter and then Granderson to follow, helped to extend the lead for the Yanks.

By the way, just to put a smile on your face:
Just saying... I love my Yankees.

Final Score today, Yankees 6 - Orioles 3 and the Yankees take the Series again. Yes, it's true, the first game was rained out, but we did play 2 and we did win them both, so yes, to me, it's the Series. Damn, I love that.

Next game is tomorrow night against the Chicago White Sox. Let's hope AJ Burnett gets win number4. It would be the right thing to do.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

1 comment:

  1. Cano smacking that double makes his game hitting streak to how much games now???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017