Friday, March 18, 2011

WHY TODAY SUCKED

I worked all day and the last thing I wanted to read after a hard day is the Yankees have fallen apart.
  • My potential candidate for leading off my Yanks, Brett Gardner, left the game with a calf/shin injury. Read that HERE.
  • The lefties in my bullpen, Feliciano and Boone Logan are hurt. HERE.
  • Russell Martin committed 2 throwing errors in the 6-5 loss to the Blue Jays.
  • The pitcher that I've lately embraced, AJ Burnett, was wild and got hit in the buttocks with a liner. Oh, he also contributed to that loss today. HERE.
Seriously? Just punch me in the face. Do it. It's the equivalent to those bullet points above. That's just miserable.

Spring training is for gearing up for the big show, weeding out the amateurs and building up your endurance. Yes, you play, but you can't get hurt. Look, I'm not saying prance around the bases and use wiffle balls, I'm just saying be careful.
Luckily for us, Russell Martin just had a bad day and as for AJ, well, while he was smacked in the buttocks by a Juan Rivera liner, he stayed in the game, but it could have been serious. I would assume Brett's day to day with his shin injury, but man, we can't mess with that guy's legs, we need him! And to be honest, I'm in love with Gardy's grit so what can I expect, if you play hard, sometimes you get hurt. I guess I can't really be mad just frustrated.The lefty injury situation in the bullpen concerns me. We need these relievers healthy. Pedro Feliciano has soreness in his triceps and hasn't pitched as of late. Boone Logan has back spasms, he's day to day. Bottom line, we have no lefty relievers at this moment. Now, while it's not the end of the world, it's nice to have at least one of these guys healthy. Opening Day is coming. Back spasms can go away. I worry about Pedro's soreness though. What can that mean to have that soreness and will that injury heal properly? Is it just spring pains? I wonder.

I was high on my Yanks yesterday, I was happy. Today, well, I felt like someone whacked me with a line drive in my buttocks. (Why after all these years is that word still hilarious to me.)

Let's hope tomorrow brings a new, happy time in Yankeeland, maybe some positive news. After all, it's almost Opening Day for the greatest sport in the world as we move toward our quest for 28.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017