Friday, February 18, 2011

WHY SPRING HAS SPRUNG

Yankee baseball finally began this week. Pitchers and catchers is a delight.

Bronx Baseball Daily had some great pictures, even one of my favorites this spring, Mark Prior.

To me, Spring Training's first week of Pitchers and Catchers isn't so much about watching men stretch each other, although some of the ladies might like that. To me, it's just a great sign that spring is here. Couple that with Yankee camp controversy, Captain Crunch and chubby pitchers and all the lousy East coast winter, seems to melt away, even though the black snow is still in my yard.

Every night this week, I was able to tune in to Florida on the local news sports hits as well as MLB Network just to get a glimpse of the sports guy in a golf shirt reporting from George Steinbrenner field... And for a moment, life is good.

So, What do we have to look forward to this year?
  • Will we get an MVP year from Alex Rodriguez?
  • Will we get a bounce back year from Derek Jeter and AJ Burnett?
  • Who will get hurt this year... and I'm not talking 15 day DL hurt, I'm talking "Nick Johnson out for the year" hurt?
  • Will the Yanks pick up another pitcher this spring?Is Millwood still on the radar? Many say yes, but not at $5 million and only in a minor league deal. Millwood's ego won't go for that.
  • Will Freddy Garcia open people's eyes?

This is when we find out all the answers. Are you as excited as me? The boys of summer are back officially back.

Now I have not seen any reports of Alex Rodriguez strolling into camp, but I have a prediction. Alex may be showing up late on purpose. Why? He wants everyone to forget about "Popcorn-gate". Smart Alex, no one needs to show up to Spring Training, open their locker to finding bags of popcorn falling out while CC and AJ are laughing hysterically. (Can't you just picture it?) Let people forget Alex. I get it bro.

So the first week of baseball is here. I'm ready. I'm wearing a full Yankee uniform under my work suit right now, stirrups and all. Should I wear the eye black? Hmm, it may be distracting in my meetings.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017