Monday, January 24, 2011

WHY IT'S NOT O KEI

We can talk about which pitcher can be the best fit for the Yankees rotation all day long. Kevin Millwood, Bartolo Colon, Freddy Garcia, but it’s getting aggravating and frustrating. Now, it seems there’s another name being floated as a “sleeper” for the rotation.

I stumbled across a piece by NY Baseball Digest. Sleeper Candidate for the Yankees Starting Rotation caught my eye and when I read it I nearly laughed my ass off. I like this website but was horrified by the name they presented. I know it will never happen, but what makes me even more annoyed is he’ll be allowed a shot like everyone else.

Oh yeah, that “sleeper” I’m talking about is Kei Igawa. Now, before you yell as me, understand that I in no way want Kei Igawa on the Yankees rotation or in pinstripes. I honestly feel like Kei Igawa was a waste and a mistake and the Yankees need to just keep him hidden until his contract is up and dump him on the side of the road when it’s over. 5 years $20 million for a guy that made just 12 starts in the major leagues. That being said, it is my theory that the New York Yankees would in fact allow Kei Igawa a rotation shot just to triple confirm their investment sucks, and then bury him down in the minors again, or ship him off to Pittsburgh for a bag of balls. Yankee Brass hates being wrong, but for this one, they may need to swallow their pride, this Japanese sensation has gone the way of Hideki Irabu.

NY Baseball Digest said this: “When the other options are the oft injured Mark Prior or journeyman Sergio Mitre, what do they have to lose?” Good point. But dare I say I like Mitre better. WHOA. What has happened to me?

So what’s my point to all this? Pitching. There is a whole lot of nothing going on and names have been dropped all over the place. All of us are racking our brain for someone, anyone, that could fit in the Yankee rotation. It’s an exercise done daily by all the blogs while we wait for Andy Pettitte to decide what he wants to do with the rest of his life. It’s painful, it’s nerve racking. It sucks.

Who would you pick assuming Andy Pettitte decides to no longer play baseball? Vote in our poll. Tell us what you think?

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017