Friday, January 7, 2011

WHY IT'S CRAZY, BUT IT JUST MIGHT WORK

Pedro Martinez in Pinstripes? I know, everyone just threw up in their mouths. It sounds absolutely insane considering he threw the Admiral, Don Zimmer to the ground that dreadful day in Fenway. But, when you think about it, he's exactly what I've been talking about, a veteran, experienced and still a gamer who can be a 4th or 5th starter. Who would you want on the mound if you had to choose... Sergio Mitre or Pedro Martinez? If you say Mitre, you need to leave.

Now, I know, the past is past and when you look at his career numbers HERE, a lot of those numbers were Pre Mets when Pedro was lights out. I mean, this is pretty sick, career record of 219-100. Are you serious? When he got to the Mets, he fell apart yes, but maybe, just maybe there some magic left if he were to come back to the American League. All I'm saying is he's an option, is he not? Are you pissed because I'm suggesting a former Red Sock? "How dare you" your saying?
  • Wade Boggs was a Red Sock and he was near the end of his career, but we signed him and he won a championship with us in 96.
  • Roger Clemens was a Yankee hater, but we traded for him and he pitched for us near the end of his career and he won a few championships with us as well.
It IS possible Pedro has alittle left in him. So why am I bringing Pedro up? Because no one is. What would it hurt if the Yanks made an offer to this "over the hill" pitcher who may want to give it one more shot. He may just accept, cheap too. Hell, maybe offer him a minor league deal. Maybe you just invite him to spring training and see if he's got anything left in the tank. Make sense?














I understand people not willing to commit to this guy. For years he was the ultimate Yankee hater. I absolutely hated him and remember him and Posada signaling angrily to each other that crazy day in Boston, but something happened to Pedro over the years. He softened. For some reason, while I can't see the guy in pinstripes, I can see him giving his all one more time. Just a thought. It's either him, Mitre, Nova, Jeff Francis, Freddy Garcia, Millwood or Bartolo Colon. When I put it like that, he's looking better isn't he? Vote on this today on Bleeding Yankee Blue, and we'll have results next Tuesday.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017