Wednesday, September 22, 2010

WHY WINS BUILD CONFIDENCE


The offense was clicking again last night. Hughes had his good moments and bad ones. But it is clear to me his young arm is tired. But what can you do? They stretched him last night in preparation for the playoffs and they have to. I also liked seeing Javy in the relief role and I will tell you what... That long man in the bullpen is valuable. If Javy gets into some games and shuts down the opposition, that spot has got to be his. I would prefer to not give it to Mitre or Gaudin.

Jeter did well last night and I love Swisher in our lineup and when he's healthy, he can hit the crap out of the ball. What a gamer. You know Swisher's doing something right when my son gets up to bat in his Fall baseball league and nails Swisher's stance cold in the batter's box... Down to the staring at the bat over home plate to him looking into the sky for that brief moment. Swish is becoming a Yankee icon. Keep it going Swish.

A-Rod looked good last night but I can't seem to understand his approach to these games lately. Is he conserving his energy or is he still not 100 percent? He looks alittle slow out there. Should I be worried? I'll get back to you on that.

Finally, Berkman. I've been all over this guy since he came to New York. He looks lost and uncomfortable but you can tell he's ready to pop. Last night was a perfect example of him finding his way back to his groove. When he hits the ball, it looks downright beautiful. What's great for him lately is while he swings beautifully, his balls are finding the holes. That's a nice combination.
Right now the magic number to clinch the division is 10. It is still a long road but doable. With the Yanks clicking and being home, it is very possible that the Rays get swept and I'm confident that can happen. But I'm getting over excited, one game at a time. Keep it going New York, get us there.

Tonight's AJ vs. Wade Davis. Burnett's had a mini-rivival as of late so with the way he's been pitching all year, he's bound to collapse at any minute. That being said, his confidence is coming back and he's got to have the post season fever. Wade Davis is tricky but beatable. Stike early, keep getting into that tired Rays bullpen and you'll snag another game... Getting closer to the post season. Maybe CC needs to give AJ a shiner in the other eye tonight... Just saying.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017